Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mysterious Ways...


I had really been wondering about prayer. It takes an experience like going through the garbage and NOT finding what you've been looking and praying for...
Anyway, we had an amazing enrichment night on Tuesday. My friend, Kris, had her nephew come talk about his humanitarian experiences in Cambodia, where he served a mission and later returned several times. It was unreal. We truly take SO much for granted!
His focus was on the children and families who pick garbage for a living, making around a dollar a day. There is a huge landfill in Cambodia which literally smokes from the terrible fumes. I can't even tell you how I felt while hearing about these amazing people (they seem Happy amidst all of their trials and hardships!!) and seeing them on video and pictures. I went away wondering what a true blessing is in this life. We see it through our mortal eyes and think that WE are blessed, but these amazing people are so humble and grateful and receptive to the Spirit. I felt like I had a small blessing to go through my own garbage this last week so that I could have the tiniest smidgen of empathy for these amazing people of Cambodia.
Please check out the website: cambodianchildrensfund.org.

No comments: