Friday, September 19, 2008

Camping Trip






Bob and Tanner had the date set to go camping to the Uinta Mountains. It turned out to be a bit of a wet weekend, but they went anyway and had a great time--just father and son. They hiked in (5 miles up to Granddaddy Lake), set up camp, went fishing, cooked the fish over a campfire, had fun with the head lamps and enjoyed spending time together. Then they hiked out in a hailstorm! (see the evidence in the photo of Tanner's hand)
I think we're onto a new annual tradition...

One of my favorite memories growing up was my own annual Daddy/Daughter overnight camping trip with my Dad. We would pack up and ride in on horses, cook over a campfire (the only way I really trusted my Dad could cook), visit and have some good memory making moments.

I'm so glad Bob takes the time to do things like this with our kids! I know they are making lifetime memories too.

No comments: