Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of School!


Liz and Tanner's first day of school was on August 18th this year. It seemed so early to start back up! I think they were ready to get back into the routine of things again, but I really miss them when they're gone all day!
They both seem to like their teachers, schedule, friends, etc. I'm glad to have them in such a great school district. But I do wonder what happened to the "good 'ol days" when everyone in the neighborhood went to the same school. Nowadays, there are charter schools, private schools, home schools, another school in the district, etc. It is crazy! There really are kids in like six different schools around here. I have to admit, I don't like that. For me, school is a real social experience and I think it's too bad that all the kids in the neighborhood aren't doing that together (especially when we live in such a great school district!). Oh well, things change...that's always a constant!

1 comment:

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Suz, I feel the exact same as you about our "melting pot" of schools! I wish everybody else could see the merit in ONE school for everyone!
I love all your pics! You guys have been busy! I am still waiting for your Triathlon posting!!!