Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oh, Rats!

What have we done now?

One day we went to the petstore to check out turtles. Come to find out, they carry salmonella and not too great an idea for small children. So I happen to ask, "what's another idea for a good pet for kids?"

Next thing we know, we have two rats added to our family. Apparantly they are highly intelligent, personable and make great pets. Who would have thought? NOT Bob, that's for sure!

It's a little freaky actually. It's hard to get past the fact that they are, indeed, rats. But they ARE "fancy rats" which makes all the difference...hmmm...

So, I think they are actually kind of cute. Liz named hers "Roxy". She's the tan one. Tanner named his "Crimson" (go Utes!) and she's gray and white.



I actually find myself going up to Tanner's room during the day to check them out and see how they're doing.

Anyone want to volunteer to rat-sit while we go on vacation next week?? :)

2 comments:

Evensen Family said...

You are so brave. I would never be able to have rats, but we did finally get a pet. Yes we are the proud owners of a fish. We are on fish #6, but I think we finally have one that will live for more than 2 days. I'm so glad that you have a blog now. This will be lots of fun to see you guys. We're coming up next week, so we'll have to get together.

Julie said...

EW!!!!!!!! You are one crazy lady!